Thursday, December 11, 2014

Goal Setting

Goals are scary. Like, WAY scary. They scare me when I think they're unattainable, they scare me when I don't reach them. I even get scared when I REACH a goal. How SILLY is that?
 
It's true. As you get closer to reaching your goals you will be EXCITED, HAPPY, & yes, a little NERVOUS. Because it means you have to set new goals. New, big, hairy, scary goals! And what if you don't reach THOSE goals?
 
 
 
We aren't going to think that way. The key is to set attainable goals. Realistic, just out of your grasp, but attainable goals. Would it be realistic for you to jump into coaching and hit ELITE in 1 month? NO. But you CAN hit Emerald in less than a month. OR maybe even Diamond. Both of those are attainable goals that will still excite you because they show progress!
 
When it comes to your weight-loss or fit goals, don't set yourself up for FAILURE by setting way-out-there unrealistic goals! SURE, you can lose 50 lbs in a few months. But is that HEALTHY? Not necessarily. Is it a long-term solution? NOPE. But if you set a goal to lose 1-2 lbs PER WEEK, you will be a heck of a lot happier with your progress as you reach those goals!
 
If your goal isn't to lose weight, but rather to TONE or BUILD muscle, the same thoughts apply! You have to RETHINK your body, how you eat, how you exercise. You can't pack on 25 pounds of muscle easy-peasy, it takes TIME and dedication to eating the RIGHT foods at the RIGHT time while doing the RIGHT workouts!
 
SO, time for my big, hairy, scary goals!
 
I want to help TEN WOMEN take a step closer to reaching their goals and their dreams. Within the next 3 weeks!
 
I want to SWEAT OFF another 15 lbs by February 1st!
 
I want to be EMERALD by February 1st!
 
And I will be DIAMOND by April 1st! Ya know what, SCRATCH THAT. I will be DIAMOND BY MARCH 15th!
 
Gulp. That one just got a little scarier but a whole lot more FUN!
 
Your turn!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment