Monday, August 17, 2015

21 Day Fix - What you should know

The 21 Day Fix is my SOUL MATE workout. I loved the workouts, the eating plan, and the results I got... and the results that everyone else in our accountability groups has gotten has been INSPIRING to say the least!!
Before we get to the results, let’s talk about the program.
SHORT VERSION >> the 21 Day Fix is a fitness and nutrition plan that you do for 21 days. The workouts are 30 minutes long & rotate through 8 workouts, and the eating plan is portion controlled and SUPER easy to follow. Really I feel like this program takes a lot of the guesswork out of eating healthy and exercising which means YOU see success because you aren't frustrated or worn out on not seeing results.
Let’s break it down….
{{the workouts}}
Total Body Cardio Fix

Upper Fix
Lower Fix
Pilates Fix
Cardio Fix
Dirty 30
Yoga Fix
10-Minute Fix For Abs

You will need 2 sets of dumbbells(1 heavy pair & 1 lighter pair) or resistance bands and a yoga mat. I started with 5 lb & 8 lb weights, and moved up to 10s and so on! Dirty 30, Lower Fix, and Upper Fix are probably my FAVE days... leg day is the one you will love to hate ;)
Along with the workouts, there is an eating plan which is where the MAGIC happens. 
The program comes with tupperware type containers to portion out your food. Based on your weight and other calculations, you are given the amount of each container you are to eat each day! They LOOK small but it equals out to MORE food than the average person eats because it has higher nutritional value :)
The containers are as follows…
Green- Vegetables

Purple- Fruit
Red- Protein
Yellow- Starch/Carbs
Blue- Cheese/Nuts
Orange- Dressing/Seeds

There’s a list of approved foods for each of the containers. They’re all whole foods and nothing super processed, but still allow for PLENTY of flexibility! If this part seems intimidating, it's NOT because I'll be helping you figure out your containers and meal plan! I've done this a few times and I'm completely willing to share my tips, tricks, and recipes.

Here are my results from the program! Although I DON'T remember the weight lost, you can SURE see the inches are gone!! This was JUST from cleaning up what I was eating and committing to 30 MINUTES per day.
Although you CAN have goodies like WINE, CHOCOLATE, and DESSERT while on the 21 Day Fix.. it definitely teaches the power of moderation! Since I drink my chocolate shakeology every day, my sweet tooth cravings are held wayyyy back BUT I do still enjoy my wine HAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment